Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fireworks

So now that I'm back in good old Utah I get to be a part of Pioneer day!! Great, right! Well, it's weird to have the whole state shut down but really who would complain but me! My only complaint is we (mom dad Traci and me and my gang) thought we would set off Fireworks for fun because who doesn't like to blow things up. So we open our box of works and the things we thought were fireworks turned out to be a whole box of poppers. You know the kind that you pull the string and out pops streamers - how boring!!! Especially after spending $30 on what we thought looked like a great box of things to blow up!! The little kids thought it was great, but my mom and I, well that was a different story. We did get one box of sparklers and Palmer was so careful not to touch the fire but when the fire went out he thought it would be safe to touch the burning hot metal wire. Needless to say my ice water, that I never leave home without, quickly turned into a finger bowl. Then my mom started to stick all of the sticks into my water. Now I'm going to have to get a new cup because I know it will forever taste like sulfur and metal. I'll never be able to drink water again!! Yes, I'm a big baby - no wait that is Tricia I'm the Princess!

0 comments: